Got another request recently – if it’s possible to make a custom rim for Thrustmaster TMX/TMX Pro wheelbase.
After dumping the data frame from TMX stock rim (see Part1 how to do that), we managed to make a working arduino sketch to emulate stock rim behavior.
As usual, we need a bare minimum gear – Arduino Nano, wires and push buttons. See wiring diagram below.
- Jake L. for reading his TMX Pro wheel and testing
- Virág I. for Pin Change Interrupt idea (move external interrupt from Pin 2 to Pin 10)
Also, Jake kindly shared pictures of his finished custom TMX rim. Or – it’s better to say – universal hub for TMX with paddles, that can now accept any rim. Wow! Take a look:
Arduino firmware sketches
- 2020-03-29 – tmx_wheel_emu_16buttons-1.02.ino (tested, works, faster SPI)
- 2019-06-25 – tmx_wheel_emu_16buttons-1.01.ino (tested, works)
- 2019-06-17 – tmx_wheel_emu_16buttons-1.00.ino (tested, works, D2+D10 combo)