We already know how to reverse-engineer a thrustmaster race wheel (part 1) and how to emulate it’s electronics with Arduino Uno (part 2). Time to assemble a full custom buttons set – controlled by Arduino Uno or Nano (yep, finally got myself a Nano board). Jump to the end for video and arduino firmware sketch.
Schematics and assembly – Arduino Uno (click for hi-res)
Schematics and assembly – Arduino Nano (click for hi-res)
Making a custom button set – video
Arduino firmware sketch and useful links
- tx_rw_ferrari_458_wheel_emu_16buttons.zip (also see part 2)
- Getting started with Arduino
- Hacking a Thrustmaster TX RW gaming wheel with Arduino Uno – part 1
- Hacking a Thrustmaster TX RW wheelbase with Arduino Uno – part 2
- Thrustmaster TX RW and Quick Release adapters
Update – 2015-08-11
Got an email from Michael, who also managed to build a combi rim. Arduino nano + 458 emu sketch for buttons plate + 3D printed mount – plugs into TX RW ps/2 jack. There’s a forum thread (German) about this build.
Video from Michael: